After School Program
Offered at Benjamin Franklin Charter Schools
Our Mission: Part of INSPIRE Entertainment’s mission is building community, inspiring positivity, and encouraging hope through our music education and youth development programs.
Our Objective: Provide a high quality after school program that includes music theatre, athletic skills, games, and creative arts. This program will provide a great option for working parents, parents looking for additional enrichment for their children, and parents looking to get their children involved in the performing arts and sports skills. It will provide convenience by eliminating the need to drive to multiple places for music, dance, etc.
Days: Monday – Friday
Hours: 4-6pm (directly following homework club).
Cost: Varies: $240/m (5-days) $160/m (3-days) $120/m (2-days) $80/m (1-day)
Late Fee: If student participant is not picked up by 6:05 a fee of $1 per minute will be charged to that parent’s account.
- Parents will need to provide a copy of their child’s immunization records or a letter of exemption at time of registration.
- $50 non-refundable deposit due at time of registration to secure a child’s spot in the program. This deposit will be applied to the 1st month’s tuition.
- Remaining balance due prior to the 1st of each month. If the monthly tuition is not paid in full, a child will not be able to participate until payment is received.
- Payments can be made via check or cash at the BHCS Front office. Please make all checks payable to “INSPIRE Entertainment “.
- Credit card payments are also accepted. A 3% transaction fee will be added to all credit card payments. An automatic payment option is also available.
- At 4:00 p.m. students will be transferred to the INSPIRE Movement After School Program, from the Benjamin Franklin Charter School Homework Club or dropped off in the gymnasium.
- Check out will be in the gymnasium at 6 p.m. every day, Mon-Fri.
- At program start time, the INSPIRE Movement Director will gather the kids into a circle in the middle of the gymnasium for Opening Group Time from 4:00pm-4:10pm. During this time, the director will review the daily rules of the program, activities for the day, and have kids choose which activity they want to start in (if there are 20 or more kids). If there are less than 20 kids, the children will stay together for the program activities that day.
- Activities will start at 4:10pm and run for 45 minutes and then a 10 minute water/bathroom break will take place. At 5:05pm activities will resume for 45 minutes. At 5:50pm, all of activities will wrap up, children will gather their belongings and meet in a circle in the middle of the gymnasium for Closing Group Time and pick up.
- Children will need to be picked up in the gymnasium by 6:00pm. There will be a 5-minute grace period after 6:00 p.m. for pick up. After 6:05pm, there will be a late fee charge of $1/minute assessed for late pick-ups. Late fees must be paid at time of pick up or prior to the next day the child would be attending the INSPIRE Movement After School program.
- Children will learn acting skills, basic vocal skills, dance skills, and choreography to songs.
- Once or twice a month, INSPIRE will host special workshops with guest dance instructors, music/voice instructors, and acting coaches.
- At the end of each semester, children will perform songs and dances for their family and friends. Performances will be at Benjamin Franklin High School or at each campus, depending on availability.
- Children will get to experience learning about different sports and gain the knowledge and basic skills in order to play the sport being focused on that week. We will focus on fundamentals, game play, and having fun playing sports.
- The kids will be outside on the field and inside the gym/cafeteria or a classroom (based on space).
- In inclement weather, when we cannot be outside for the sport play, we will move the sports play into the cafeteria/gym area and move the music theatre or creative arts activities into another space or share the gymnasium.
- Each week, for 9 weeks, a different sport will be focused on. At the end of the 9 weeks, it will start over.
- Week 1: Basketball
- Week 2: Flag Football
- Week 3: Soccer
- Week 4: Volleyball
- Week 5: Ultimate Frisbee
- Week 6: Baseball/Softball
- Week 7: Running/Walking
- Week 8: Hockey
- Week 9: Coaches Choice
Board Games & Creative Arts:
- Children will use their imagination and artistic skills to complete projects ranging from scrapbooks and frames to jewelry and painting, etc.
- Children will participate in games and other activities that will challenge their minds to think differently and quickly.
- INSPIRE Entertainment will have a Movement Program Director at each campus. Each director will be on campus Monday – Friday from 3:45-6:10 p.m. to ensure class begins on time and activities run smoothly.
- In the event a Movement Program Director is sick or is unable to attend, the Assistant Director will be there to run things that day.
- The Assistant Movement Director will also be present daily from 3:45-6:00 p.m.
- Each campus will have 1-3 other staff members there to assist the director and assistant depending on the needs of each after school program.
- Ratio will be roughly 1:15 (1 teacher to every 15 students).
- All staff will have a fingerprint clearance card.
- All staff will be certified in CPR & FA.
- Parents will be required to show government issued photo ID when they pick up their student every day. The pick-up person’s name must be on the authorized pick-up list provided at time of registration. No one will be allowed to pick up a child if they do not show ID and are not on the authorized pick up list.
- Children will not be left alone or unsupervised at any time during the after school program.
- INSPIRE Entertainment owners will be periodically visit each campus to observe staff and ensure each Movement Program is operating at the level of excellence expected.
- The program staff will have the ability to get a hold of LaDawn (INSPIRE President) or Michael (INSPIRE Owner) in case of emergency.